Recently, penis enlargement surgeries have become increasingly popular. According to world statistics, 80-85% of the strong half of humanity has certain problems associated with small penis size.
To take such a risky step, a man must know in advance all about all the advantages and disadvantages of genital correction methods and be patient before surgery.
Indications for penis enlargement surgery
The problem is of a psychological nature, and the doctor will first of all try to dissuade the man from such an intervention.
Indications are divided into 3 groups:> zxtable border = "1" cellpadding = "0" >
Reasons why surgery is contraindicated:
- inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system;
- age under 18;
- poor blood clotting;
- the presence of diseases identified after the survey;
- sexually transmitted diseases;
- visible open wounds on the genitals;
- tumor neoplasms;
- mental disorders.
Penis lengthening correction methods
Before the operation, it is necessary for the surgeon to study the structural characteristics of the organ, and if all the indicators are normal, he switches to further manipulations. In the evening, the day before the operation, an cleansing enema is made. In the morning, before the upcoming correction, you should stop eating and drinking.
Augmentation operations are divided into 2 directions:
- surgical interventions to increase the length of the penis;
- measures to increase penis volume.
Increasing the length of the penis
After surgery by any of the methods it is necessary to abstain from sexual intercourse, physical activity, going to the sauna, stop drinking alcohol and smoking. One of the corrections for penis lengthening is ligamentotomy. The purpose of this operation is to cut the ligament that strengthens the inside of the penis for the pelvic bones. Ligamentotomy is necessary in order to improve the results of organ enlargement after wearing an extender - a device that fixes the penis in a certain position and distributes it lengthwise.
Ligamentotomy is an auxiliary manipulation, without further use of the extender it loses its meaning.
The operational approach can be:
- through the scrotum;
The surgeon makes an incision in the scrotum or pubis, depending on the surgical approach. Then the ligament is incised and the penis is pulled out, giving it the desired length and fixing it in the correct position. There is an improved method of surgery that uses the patient's adipose tissue. The free space under the ligament is filled with fat, and the blood supply to the postoperative wound area is improved. This leads to faster healing and recovery of the patient.
After the operation, the use of an extender is mandatory. Wearing the device should start from 2 hours a day, gradually increasing the time of use to 6 hours, within 3-6 months.
Particular attention should be paid to wearing underwear while using the extender. Panties and pants must be loose. Sexual rest is required during the first week after surgery.
Increase in volume
The challenge in penis enlargement surgery is to create an extra layer between the skin and the corpora cavernosa. Depending on the implanted material, the following operations differ:
- lipofilling - ingestion of the patient's fat under the skin of the penis;
- microsurgical muscle transplantation - transplantation of the patient's tissue into the subcutaneous space of the penis;
- Phalloprosthetics - the use of special prostheses to restore erectile function.
In such an operation, adipose tissue is pumped out and treated with special substances, and then injected into the subcutaneous area of the penis. In this process, if there is no rejection of fat cells or other inflammatory changes, new tissue becomes part of the penis. After the operation, the volume of the organ will increase by 2 cm. One month after discharge, it is recommended to exclude sexual intercourse.
Microsurgical muscle transplantation
Microsurgical muscle transplantation is an expensive innovation in penis enlargement. The operation is performed under general anesthesia and lasts about 3 hours. The surgeon makes an incision in the organ in a circle and pulls it down like a sock. He then pre-cuts small pieces of skin taken from the abdominal region. The penis is wrapped with a leather strap, the foreskin is put in place and sutures are put on. The volume of the enlarged organ after the operation is 4 cm. The patient is in the ward for the first 5 days. Painful feelings can last for another 15 days after surgery, so you need to monitor your general condition.
It is performed strictly according to medical indications and is used in situations when a man has a penis injury or is unable to have sexual contact. And the operative method is used for gender reassignment. The operation is performed under general anesthesia. Removal of cavernous bodies is done by bougienage and the introduction of semi-rigid dentures. For two-part or three-part prostheses, an incision is made in the scrotum and a pump is inserted. When installing an inflatable implant, an incision is made in the lower abdomen and a reservoir is placed behind the pubic bone.
A positive effect after surgery can be achieved by meeting the following requirements:
- strict bed rest for the first 2 days;
- mandatory oral antibiotics 5 days;
- hospital treatment for 4 days, in the absence of contraindications, rehabilitation is prescribed at home;
- refusal of sexual intercourse for 7 weeks;
- after resuming sexual intercourse, it is necessary to consult a doctor for further recommendations.
The risks of possible complications may increase if mistakes were made during the operation or if the man did not follow the recommendations correctly during the recovery and rehabilitation period.
There are 2 groups of complications: non-specific and specific.
- intestinal paresis with transperitoneal approach;
- pulmonary embolism;
- complications after anesthesia - headache in SMA.
- necrosis of the obtained material;
- changes in erectile function;
- curvature of the penis;
- erectile dysfunction;
- uneven fat mass resorption.
Advantages and disadvantages of surgery
Each of the methods of surgical penis enlargement has its pros and cons.
Advantages of ligamentotomy:
- nothing is implanted in the skin compared to yaloprosthetics;
- during the rehabilitation period, you must wear an extender, which will not cause discomfort to the man;
- in most cases, the outcome is positive.
Cons: Improper wearing and application of extenders will lead to negative results during the rehabilitation period.
The advantages of lipofilling are:
- the use of adipose tissue by the person himself;
- a small percentage of rejections of donor material.
- in the process fat cells are absorbed, the procedure should be repeated 3-4 times every six months;
- the use of synthetic components that can lead to inflammatory processes.
The advantages of microsurgical muscle transplantation are:
- the skin is well rooted;
- slower resorption of fat cells compared to lipophilic;
- fast and visible effect after surgery.
Negative factors include:
- due to a violation of the blood supply, there may be a possibility of rejection of the transplanted tissue;
- pain in the first 2-3 weeks.
The advantages of prosthetic prosthetics are:
- ability to restore sexual organ function;
- ability to lead an active sexual life.
- is a major injury to the patient's life;
- inability to operate if chronic diseases are present;
- a significant increase in the negative result in previously performed vascular operations on the penis.
When performing surgical interventions for penis enlargement, first of all, you need to choose the right clinic, a highly qualified specialist and get acquainted with the necessary information about the chosen method.